At V8 we support a variety of businesses with social media, whether it’s social media management or strategy. One thing we are often asked is when is the best time to post on social media? A valid and important question as you can often invest time and effort in curating the perfect social posts and if posted at the wrong time, your posts don’t get the awareness and interaction they deserve.
It’s important to remember that social media is always changing, as well as users behaviour. Before you begin creating your content, you should make sure what you have in mind, is suitable for the platform you intend to share on. For example, posts that include imagery or video perform better on some channels than others.
Social Scheduling tool Sprout Social recently published data on the best times to post for the following platforms:
Best Time To Post On Facebook
With over 2 billion active users, Facebook offers a huge opportunity to increase engagement from an organic and paid perspective. Facebook’s recent changes to their algorithm have prioritised friends, family and meaningful connection, so very important to bear in mind when crafting your social content.
To get the most of your social media posts on Facebook, you should consider the following when posting content:
- The best times to post to Facebook are Wednesday at 11 a.m. and 1 p.m.
- Wednesday is the best day to post on Facebook.
- The safest times to post are weekdays from 9 a.m.–3 p.m.
- Sunday has the least amount of engagement for Facebook during the week.
- Early mornings and evenings, before 7 a.m. and after 5 p.m.have the least amount of engagement per day.
It’s important to remember that the above times can change slightly based on the industry your business is in.
For example, the best times to post of Facebook for consumer goods are as follows:
- The best times for consumer goods brands to post to Facebook are Wednesday at 1 p.m. and Friday at 11 a.m.
- Other high engagement times include Wednesday from 1–3 p.m, Friday from 10–11 a.m. and Thursday at 5 p.m.
- The safest times to post are weekdays from 10 a.m.–5 p.m.
- The lowest engagement is on Sunday and every day from 10 p.m.–4 a.m.
Best Time To Post On Instagram
With over 1 billion monthly active users, Instagram has grown significantly over recent years and the platform continues to add new features such as live video, shopping etc.
Like with Facebook, Instagrams algorithm can change frequently and focuses on authentic, community and social-driven content.
Best times to post on Instagram:
- Best times to post on Instagram: Wednesday at 11 a.m. and Friday at 10–11 a.m.
- Best day: Wednesday is the overall best day to post to Instagram
- Most consistent engagement: Tuesday through Friday, 10 a.m–3 p.m.
- Worst day: Sunday receives the least amount of engagement on Instagram
- Lowest engagement: Occurs during late night and early morning from 11 p.m.–3 a.m.
As with Facebook, times can vary depending on your industry. We’d also recommended utilising the stats within your Instagram Business Profile, to find out exactly how and when your audience is online and interact with you and your posts.
Best Time To Post On Twitter
A great platform to manage customer care, Twitter provides a great opportunity for businesses to connect with their current and potential customers.
Due to the nature of the platform, posting at the wrong time could mean you miss out on potential engagement. Over 500 million tweets are sent in a day, it’s important to keep on top of Twitter trends and topics which provide the most opportunity for engagement.
With that in mind, here are the best times to post on Twitter.
- The best times to post on Twitter are Wednesday at 9 a.m. and Friday at 9 a.m.
- Tuesday and Wednesday are the best days to post on Twitter.
- The safest times to post are Monday through Friday from 8 a.m.–4 p.m.
- Saturday gets the least engagement.
- Times to avoid that get the lowest engagement are every day from 10 p.m–4 a.m.
In comparison to Facebook and Instagram, as Twitter is used for customer care activity and engagement can increase over the weekend, instead of tailing off.
Below you can see how the best Twitter times have altered slightly for consumer goods.
- The best time for consumer goods brands to post to Twitter is Sunday at 11 a.m.
- Other peak engagement times include Saturday at 3 p.m. and Wednesday at 1 p.m.
- The safest times to post are either Sunday from 9 a.m.–3 p.m.or Monday through Wednesday from 12 p.m–3 p.m.
- Friday is the day with the lowest engagement, and the lowest engagement times each day are between 10 p.m–6 a.m.
Based on this information, it is important to ensure you schedule your posts for the appropriate times for each social platform you use.
We appreciate this can be time-consuming, so let us help! Get in touch today to find out more about our social media management and strategy services.