WooCommerce is a fully open-source, customizable eCommerce platform that is built on WordPress, one of the most popular CMS’s in the world and recognised as one of the best platforms for Search Engine Optimisation. In this article, we take a look at some of the many reasons you should consider WooCommerce as the eCommerce platform for your business.
A frustration for many business owners is using multiple online platforms to run their eCommerce business. When using WooCommerce, as it is built on WordPress it integrates eCommerce with content, keeping everything in one place.
Plus, if you are already using WordPress for your website, you are likely to have plugins installed. WooCommerce is made to work alongside WordPress plugins, meaning you don’t lose any important features of your website.
Unlike other platforms, when you use WooCommerce you can sell not only an unlimited number of physical products, digital downloads, subscriptions, content and appointments too. Which could be a really useful feature for your business as it continues to evolve.
Visually appealing & customisable
You’re not restricted to just a few themes within WooCommerce, browse through their library and find the theme that works for you. Your chosen theme can then be edited, with no restrictions, edit the homepage and call to actions to fit your brand. You can also customise your product pages, add features to your cart and the checkout and edit the navigation to suit.
Other notable features include:
- Embed products to any page, including blog posts and landing pages
- Include product ratings and reviews on your product page
- Customers can sort products by newness, price, popularity or attributes, such as size
- Multiple shipping options available, including pick up or local delivery.
- WooCommerce allows payment via credit/debit cards, PayPal, Apple Pay (via Stripe) BACS and Cash on Delivery
- Inventory and Order management
- Allows customers to create an account or select guest checkout
There are too many more exciting features that WooCommerce offers for us to list. If you’d like to find out more information get in touch with us today and one of our team will be happy to help. Call us today on 01432 268175 or email email@example.com